Job & Volunteer Opportunities
Explore the latest job and volunteer opportunities within our growing workforce through the Development Corporation Job Board! If you don’t see your job opening listed be sure to submit it.
Join the Team at the Valley City DMV & Chamber
Part Time DMV/Membership Processor
The right candidate will meet the requirements, set forth below by the Valley City Area Chamber of Commerce. The hours are Monday-Friday 10:00-2:00. The DMV duties come before all other assigned duties. $15-$18/hr. dependent upon experience. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
View Job Duties
- Maintain accurate records of transactions, filing documents, vehicle records.
- Handle vehicle renewals, plate changes, mobility impaired placards
- You will need to set forth the requirements by the State of North Dakota.
- Other tasks as assigned by the DMV Manager
- Enter new-member data into the Customer Relations Management system
- Enter and maintain all membership information in the Chamber CRM system
- Assists in membership late-dues collection through direct communication with members with delinquent accounts
- Interacts with visitors to the Chamber, including responding to phone calls and questions to the public, Chamber members when necessary.
- Complete mailings both through email and regular mail as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Event Coordinator
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Customer service background
- Team player and work independently
- Accuracy in data entry
- Able to perform a variety of administrative tasks
- Effective communication and coordination ability
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to stay calm when customers are stressed or upset
- Great attitude
- Knowledge of the purpose and philosophy of the Chamber of Commerce
- Knowledge of the City of Valley City
- Public speaking skill
- Maintain strict confidential information acquired
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Paid Holidays
- No Weekends
Your Title Goes Here
The Valley City-Barnes County Development Corporation is experienced and deeply committed to your success. We understand business problems and are here to help solve them. From selecting the right building and site to finding qualified and skilled employees, we are here to help!
Together We Are Stronger! The Sheyenne Valley Community Foundation works directly with donors, foundations, corporations and nonprofit organizations to educate them about issues affecting our communities and oﬀer support for their charitable goals.
The City of Valley City’s website includes information about various government services including police, fire, public works, and city hall.